Who we are
The Calgary Data user group (CDUG) is a local association that organizes events and activities to provide Microsoft Data Platform professionals with cutting-edge information about SQL Server and Azure technologies.
The user group is run by volunteers. Our membership includes database administrators, database developers, database architects and database managers. Membership and attendance of events is completely free. A typical event will draw between 10 and 40 members.
Becoming A Sponsor
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring the Calgary Data user group and supporting the Microsoft Data Platform community within Calgary.
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, OUR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIMITED
For our in-person gatherings — which are presently suspended — our sponsorship model works on a per event basis as follows:
Amount of $200 CAD per event. For that, you will get:
- Your company’s name and logo on the user group web site for that event, and your company name on our event history page.
- Your company’s name and link to company’s web site will be included in our emails about the event you are sponsoring.
- You have the option of making a short presentation of between 5 and 15 minutes to our attendees prior to the main speaker presenting. If you would like to make a longer sponsored session of up to 30 minutes, you must ensure that the content relates directly to the Microsoft Data Platform.
- You can distribute pre-approved pamphlets, literature, etc. at the event (provided by you).
- You can display signs / corporate logos at the event (provided by you).
- The money collected from event sponsorship is used to fund user group events (including providing food and drinks for attendees of our events).
- If you are sponsoring to use your space in your building for our events, the user group will make mention of the organization donating the space in its announcements prior to the sponsor’s presentation.
- If your organization would like to sponsor our user group, please use the contact form on our website.
- If you have any questions about the group, please drop us a line.
We are affiliated with the PASS organisation, a worldwide professional association for SQL Server and associated technologies.
PASS holds a Summit each year. Members are encouraged to register with PASS and select Calgary PASS as your associated local group.
The current officers are:
- Randolph West
- Evin Fenton
- Anna Mae Alexander
The Calgary PASS user group was originally founded by Noel Tan in 2008.
The group leader has overall responsibility for the activities of the group. This person coordinates the activities of the other officers in meeting planning.
The leader is also responsible for planning between 4 and 6 meetings per year. They represent the group at the annual PASS Summit.